Skip to main content

Friday Visit to Terra Bella Family Farm

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my family has joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program with Terra Bella Family Farm. I hadn't visited the farm until today when we picked up our fresh produce and bread. I had to take pictures of the quaint farm located right in Pleasanton.








On another note, I saw the Toy Story 3 midnight premiere in IMAX 3D early this morning and then again watched it at noon with my younger sister, and I have to say it is one of the best movies I've seen in awhile. It's a little stressful and scary at times, but hilarious and very sweet and definitely one of my new favorite movies. One thing that freaked me out was the depiction of the landfill. I won't give anything away, but it made me never want to buy anything disposable ever again! Which is a good thing, I suppose!

Happy Weekend and Happy Summer!
Green Gal

---

"Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."
Lao Tzu

Comments

  1. That looks like a neat farm. We've had a couple of places like that try to get started around here, but they never got enough business to succeed. Most people in this area only look at price and ignore quality.

    Fortunately, we're able to grow plenty of fresh vegetables in the garden. It's been kind of tough this year with it raining five out of seven days every week. I always raise way more than we need, so there's still plenty for us and to give away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading posts such as these. It does look like a wonderful farm with variety.

    I hope your family enjoy their CSA box in the coming months. I think its great that such schemes exist allowing people to eat with the seasons.

    PS I don't think I have ever seen a 3D movie yet. I must address that soon. As a Tim Burton fan esp since Edward Scissorhands I wanted to go and see Alice in Wonderland at IMAX, but missed it. Now will have to wait for another 3D movie that appeals to me. Glad you enjoyed Toy Story with your sister and thanks for sharing your thought re the landfill, its certainly a major issue that gets overlooked by many of us consumers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!