Skip to main content

My Accomplishments in 2009

I've had a year full of learning, experience, memories, stress, growth, and excitement. I can only hope that next year is just as enlightening and full of adventure.

I got this idea from Yes and Yes. Here is a brief list of the things I've accomplished this year:

- Helped run four clubs at my school--Photography, Environmental, Drama, Human Rights.
- Hiked to the top of Half Dome.
- Became vegan.
- Applied to college and was accepted to three--Prescott College, San Francisco State, Humboldt State (so far!).
- Taught a native plant uses class for Halloween.
- Hiked through a creek and wrote an article about a nature summer camp.
- Experienced the Welcome Home for Sully Sullenberger.
- Wrote my first published article for the California PTA on my school district's "green" efforts.
- Became a member of a local cycling group and rode my bike a lot.
- Directed a one act with my best friend and was a technician for the first time in my life.
- Met some new people and made some new friends: Tiffany, Nicole, Mackenzie, Liana, Patricia, Cameron, Kirby, Maddi, Sierra, Jessica, Rachel, Hailey, Marilyn, Megan, Katelyn, and more.
- Learned some words in a new language.
- Got a debit card and checking account.
- Saw two bears.
- Finished writing a novella. Printed it. Lost the computer file.
- Turned 17 and still don't have a license.
- Helped add content to a green tips website.
- Went no shampoo for four months before calling it quits.
- Went kayaking for the first time.
- Climbed up the side of a rocky hill at Pinecrest Lake and truly understood why people rock climb.
- Swing-danced in front of a bunch of strangers.
- Created and maintained a blog--this one!

What have you accomplished this year?
Happy New Year!

Green Gal

Comments