Garden and worm bin update
Awhile back, I planted some tomato and cilantro seeds in the same container.
They've grown a bit since planting, and today was the day to transplant them into separate containers. The cilantro are most valuable to me since it's a little past tomato season anyway, so I transplanted the two tomato plants to new containers and left the cilantro in this one. Even if the tomato plants die from being transplanted, at least my cilantro will (hopefully) survive and thrive.
I also decided to incorporate a small handful of worm compost into the tomato plants' new homes. I searched through the worm bin for small bits of worm-free, decomposing food-free worm compost. I added a small amount to each new tomato plant container and mixed it together with potting soil.
I was careful in transplanting so that the roots of each tomato plant were only exposed for a couple seconds. Hopefully they survive this change. I have kept all three plants on the windowsill inside the house, and I'll monitor them to make sure they are doing okay in the next few days.
In other news, the tomato plant my dad and step-mom gave me has begun producing tomatoes!
The sunflowers are getting really tall.
Some unidentified seeds from something I put in my worm bin have sprouted into these yellow-headed sprouts.
This bell pepper is dong beautifully!
The unknown bulb I described previously has sprouted up ALL OVER the place! I am still not sure what it is, but it's pervasive on the left side of my garden.
More mystery bulb sprouts.
The green onions in the window sill continue to produce at a consistent rate. Each time we've previously bought green onions and cut them up, I put the root end into the water jar. We have a never-ending supply of green onions!
Thanks for reading!