Welcome!

Green Gal Home

Stories and green tips related to nature, adventure, placemaking, and food systems, written by a beginning farmer/gardener and seasoned sustainability educator who loves to grow, cook, ferment, and eat local and ecologically happy food.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

#ShareMyGarden, a visual garden update

Yesterday I learned that #sharemygarden is a hashtag used on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook when people share photos of their gardens.  Thanks for teaching me about this hashtag, Amy of Get Busy Gardening! She shared a video of her local community garden on Facebook, and she asked readers to also share their garden using #sharemygarden. So I am! And I look forward to perusing others' hashtagged photos to become inspired by their gardens!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome, thanks for sharing!! Your peppers look amazing.

    Amy from Get Busy Gardening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited that the bell peppers are doing well. I have to admit, though, that I bought the jalapeño pepper plant on Monday from a local farm & feed shop with the peppers already growing! Hopefully they all keep growing strong :)

      Delete
  2. Your garden is inspiring. Yesterday I planted some new ground cover plants to cover bare areas in our front yard, and I'm still nursing some potted plants in the backyard, including a young tomato plant. It's very relaxing and therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it's relaxing and therapeutic! I take time out of my early morning routine to check on the plants and water if needed, and it's such a great way to start the day. I should look into ground cover options that would withstand our hot and sunny yard. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

I love reading comments and am always up for a discussion! Thank you!

Popular Posts